All that glitters must surely be from Essex

All that glitters must surely be from Essex
Oil and glitter on canvas

Sunday 13 November 2011

Oh well.........

No luck with my submissions to the Royal Institute of Oil Painters, we went to collect yesterday.  When I picked up my worked I swiped a cheeky look at what others were picking up and there was some fantastic stuff that hadn't got in.

A friend told me that they aren't just looking at individual pieces but how everything fits together as a whole, so if your work doesn't fit, then that's just that!  I don't feel down, I did initially, but have submitted for yet another exhibtion (irons in the fire and all that).  I have applied for a studio space in Colchester, which I should hopefully be hearing back about in the next couple of weeks. 

Quite a lot to keep my fingers crossed for, I've got to get somewhere if I keep buggering on.

No comments:

Post a Comment