All that glitters must surely be from Essex

All that glitters must surely be from Essex
Oil and glitter on canvas

Monday 12 August 2013

I've been bad!

I cannot believe my last post on here was May!  I know, I know the most successful blogs are those which are updated regularly.  It has been an incredibly busy few months and I still have to buy a canvas to start the piece that has been in the pipeline for months now!

I've also started as a blogger with UK Arts directory so keep in touch with me over there at http://ukartsdirectory.com/category/blog/eve-brinkley-whittington/  I'm doing a regular stint looking at the up's and down's of becoming a professional artist, it's a little less personal than my blog here, bit more discursive but i'm really enjoying working with the team, they're a great bunch who work to promote all of the creative industries here in the UK.

A trip to Istanbul has given me a lot of ideas for a new series of works, I haven't even finished my Essex series yet and with York in the pipeline as well i need to get busy with the paintbrushes.

Open Studio season is also upon us, so if you are local to Essex (the one in the UK not America) and you're not busy on the weekend of the 5th/6th Sept then come and join us to see some fantastic artwork...I'm not just talking about me here either! http://www.colchesteropenstudios.org/ you'll find me in the Artists Directory at the top of the page along with all the other wonderful artists (plug, plug, plug!)



There will be a lot more being posted her in the next couple of months, pictures updates on the new painting, Open Studios pictures and plans of the next series.  So sorry for the blog white noise over the last couple of months, I'll more than make up for it...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment