All that glitters must surely be from Essex

All that glitters must surely be from Essex
Oil and glitter on canvas

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Big screens, Q & A's, half finished work...Marmite

Yet again I find the only time I can make time for a post is 11 o'clock at night.  Trying to wrap up the GCSE's for this year and organise an exhibtion for the students is very time consuming so unfortunately didn't get time to get to the studio at the weekend, very unsmiley face.

Since my last post, however, a few exciting things have happened.  It hasn't all been GCSE paperwork and drudgery!  Some of my work was shown last week in NYC, on Broadway!  Big screens and at some point between 7.45 and 8.15 (Eastern) my work appeared on over Broadway......very awesome.  I couldn't get over to see it and it was too late here for me to stay up to watch on the webcams as I had a full day's teaching the next day (just as well I didn't as the webcams all went down apparently). But the knowledge that my work was visable on Broadway is fantastic.  I'm really grateful to all the people who voted for my work and enabled that to happen.

Then, my first interview with Emerge Gallery at http://www.emergegallery.co.uk/blog.php, which was incredibly exciting and really enjoyable. 

No time in th studio at the weekend so my current piece remains semi naked, with only some underpainting to prevent it's blushes. 

And finally before I go off to bed, my attempt to apply to the Marmite Prize tonight failed.  Our computer quite frankly is knackered, it has about 35 vertical lines across the screen and struggles to cope with anything.  It looks like downloading a pdf was just too much for it, so after watching that bloody little green bar stay frozen for over 20mins I gave up and asked the lovely people at Marmite Prize to email me the form.  That's over half an hour of my life this evening that ain't coming back! I wish there were more hours in the day....oh there are I just need to get off Twitter a bit earlier in the evening.

I really want to get to the studio this weekend, so that I can post more complete images of my current painting.  Very excited about getting this finished - please let me find the time I need to get myself down t'studio!  Talking of excited, I found that Stewie from Family Guy is on Twitter....that too is a high point of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment