All that glitters must surely be from Essex

All that glitters must surely be from Essex
Oil and glitter on canvas

Monday 20 August 2012

I love being busy....when I'm busy painting!


It's a good week, I'm sure of it....I know it's only Monday however, I'm really excited about my new piece. I get paid on Friday (yay!) which means I'll have the money to get the materials I need to get started. Have been working on the composistion today and the sketch below gives an idea of what the composition will look like.




I made a great discovery of a new material that I can't wait to use and can't wait to my teeth into using spraypaint for the first time in my own work.  I always seem to be showing my students how to use it but have never ventured into the realms before myself.  It's quite ridiculous how excited I get at starting a new painting...if I was of an addictive personality I could probably develop quite a problem with it!

I'm also starting to organise myself for the Open Studios that we are having the weekend of 8th-9th Sept (it certainly will help to take the edge off of going back to school!), I'll post details of it on here closer to the time for those of you reading this who live close enough and are inclined to come along.

I have to get prints sorted of my most recent finished piece "All that glitters must surely be in Essex" (see previous post).  I've already had 2 people who've enquired about prints... on the same day I finished it!
2 is clearly the magic number here as I also have 2 comissions to finalise and begin.  One from the good ol' U, S of A.  On top of that I've got to do my submission for the Salon Art Prize.

With only 2 weeks of the 6 weeks holiday left before school starts, I really don't know if I've got time to go to work!  If being a professional artist is like this, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment