All that glitters must surely be from Essex

All that glitters must surely be from Essex
Oil and glitter on canvas

Wednesday 1 August 2012

When it's not a good time to run out of tea.....

Spent time in the studio this afternoon/evening, continuing on my current piece.  Still without a title, but have few ideas in the running for it.  Am catching up with all of today's Olympics excitement so this will be a post of mostly photo's of how the work developed this afternoon.  Didn't get as far as I would have liked as had to come home - ran out of tea in the studio...an absolute nightmare for a Brit.  Stayed for as long as was humanly possible without a brew, but had to give it best.

Note to self, either take more tea...or pace myself and not have 3 cups in the first 10mins of painting.  And yes, I can drink tea and paint at the same time.

So this is how things were going after just over an hour working on it,



Road now painted, I began to work over my underpainting to give the edges of the road more texture and depth,


From here I added the detail of the road markings, and then adjusted them, adjusted them again...and again until I got them to a place I was happy with them.  I also didn't want to make them stand out too much, although coming in to the foreground I don't want them to catch the eye too much as all of the attention should eventually (when it is finished) got to the viaduct.  The markings should act as a device to keep leading your eye back into the work.



So, unfotunately I couldn't get started on the viaduct (so it remains glaringly white!).  However, I will get back to the studio at the weekend, armed with a lot more tea and see if I can get it finished.  I wouldn't be able to carry on with it for a few days anyway as I need the paint to completely dry before I begin work on the viaduct as I have something speacial planned for it..............

No comments:

Post a Comment