All that glitters must surely be from Essex

All that glitters must surely be from Essex
Oil and glitter on canvas

Sunday 10 February 2013

Got my groove on today!!!

It was difficult to motivate myself today as the weather was so wet and cold, and I KNEW that my studio space would be absolutely freezing!  However, I managed with an extra cup of coffee to finally extract myself from the settee and get off to the studio.

Yes, when I got there the front gate was surrounded by what looked like 3ft deep puddles and there was more mud than you could shake a muddy damp stick at.  And yes, when with trembling hands I manged to unlock my studio door I was hit in the face by a rush of even colder air.  I whacked the heater on, poured myself a lovely cup of coffee and waited for my hands to warm up before making a start.

I was in the zone today, belting through my list of "to do's" on the painting and with only a quick break for a Crunchie, I finished with a lot more done than I had anticipated.


It was time to start painting the ground and I decided on a bright and rather garish pink, in-keeping with the notion behind the work.  I painted it with smooth strokes before deciding that it just didn't look right, so used a combination of palette knife and rough strokes.


Then it was onto the front facade of the central beach hut  more masking tape but now I've got my technique down I was onto the painting before long.

And so by the time I made a quick exit before it got too dark, I left it at a stage where i can say the painting is very nearly finished....the oil painting at least.  Next it the spray painting and adding the metallics and gold leaf.  I'm really looking forward to that.  More photo's to follow next week when the fun stuff starts to get added!!


No comments:

Post a Comment