All that glitters must surely be from Essex

All that glitters must surely be from Essex
Oil and glitter on canvas

Monday 25 February 2013

Private views and a glass of wine (or twenty!)

The half term week has flown past in a whirl of activity.  Weddings, private views, spa visits....that's right    I've squeezed a lot into a week.  On Thursday I took 3 pieces of my work into London on the tube and can I say just how careful people were around it.  My work had been chosen to hang with the work of artists from the UK and around the world.  My work was next to paintings of a woman from Australia who painted beautiful landscapes of the Outback.

Getting the work put up along with what felt like 100 other people was a little stressful at times but it was again really encouraging the patience and good will that artists showed each other.


In about 30mins the work was hung and we dashed off to get ready for the private view starting a little later.
Of course the District Line was having problems on our way back into London for the start of the PV at 7.30, so my family and I dashed out of the tube station and into a black cab.  Driving along the Embankment past Westminster and next to the Thames at night is most certainly a beautiful sight and although not planned we really did feel like we had arrived in style!  I wasn't sure how many people were turning up so was very surprised to open the doors straight into a wall of people.  It was packed!  A real mix of people, some in jeans and baseball caps and others in tux's and gowns.  It was straight off to get a glass of wine (which proved to be the only one of the evening as there were so many people that they ran out!).


 It was fantastic to meet so many other artists and it was wonderful to see my work hung among other really great works and if I had only just stuck to the glass of wine you see here in my hand this week - the day after this picture was taken was my best friends wedding, no lack of wine there, it felt like I drank 1000 bottles of wine...taking the work down on Saturday was a LOT harder than putting it up...dismantling with a hangover is not to be encouraged!  But a fantastic few days, a great opportunity for my work to be seen....right now....what next?!


No comments:

Post a Comment